Introduction to the Korean Language Program
Intensive courses fall under the regular curriculum and consist of 6 levels in total. Students can receive systematic lessons on Korean language and culture, and intermediate-level and higher courses are specially designed and targeted for college entrance. Students are to complete 200 hours in 10 weeks, and during that time they can experience both the traditional and modern culture of Korea through culture classes offered 2-3 times during each semester.
Hallym Korean Language Education Center website : click here.
- Students will be able to negotiate basic communication needs for everyday life and personal activities
- Includes Korean consonants and vowels, everyday expressions, honorific expressions, basic grammar, and basic sentences
- Students will be able to negotiate basic communication needs not only for everyday life and personal activities but also in school, company or social activities
- Includes more professional expressions, connecting sentences
- Students will be able to not only freely communicate in everyday life but also use appropriate expressions under a wider range of circumstances
- Appropriate expressions, proverbs, differentiation between formal and informal speech, comparison of grammar elements; Korean culture
- Students will be able to communicate fluently in everyday life and speak in more formal conditions
- Onomatopoeias, mimetic words, idiomatic expressions, combination of grammar elements; Korean culture, Korean society
- Students will be able to freely communicate under most circumstances that they may encounter in Korea and express their opinions on social phenomena or issues. They will also be able to understand news and television dramas.
- Advanced expressions, four-character idioms, Chinese characters, grammar elements used under special circumstances; social phenomena or issues
- Students will be able to speak professionally in school or at work when they wish to attend universities or companies in Korea; They will also be able to understand professional books, TV news, and the newspaper
- Professional expressions; social phenomena or issues